Lincoln's Dog Runs!
The Friends of the Dog Parks and the Lincoln Parks Foundation have raised $785,000 in private funds for the three new off-leash dog runs, and improvements to Rickman’s Run.
The three new dog runs will be located at:
- Roper East Park (I-180 north of Cornhusker Hwy. This will replace the current Oak Lake facility)
- Mahoney Park (84th and Adams)
- Peterson Park (2200 Southwood Drive)
Dogs and their companions now have off-leash runs to enjoy in each quadrant of our City!
Basic (Publically Funded) Dog Run Improvements at Roper Park East, Mahoney Park and Peterson Park:
· Separate fenced areas for large dogs and small dogs
· Perimeter fencing and gates
· Parking facilities including ADA stalls
· Connecting sidewalks
· Benches (2 per location)
· Portable restroom shelter
· Drinking fountains for dogs and humans (Mahoney and Peterson)
Additional (Privately Funded) Dog Run Improvements:
· Additional benches
· Additional trees
· Rinsing stations
· Drinking fountain at Roper East
· Walking trails in large dog and small dog areas*
· Shade shelters*
· Donor Recognition*
*Also for Rickman’s Run, as funding allows.