Support Lincoln's Dog Runs!
The Friends of the Dog Parks and the Lincoln Parks Foundation are seeking private funds for “additional features" for the three new off-leash dog runs, and improvements to our current public dog run, Rickman’s Run. The private funds will leverage the public investment in our dog run facilities, and serve as another great example of a public-private partnership that’s worked so well for Lincoln’s park and recreation system.
The three new dog runs will be located at:
- Roper East Park (I-180 north of Cornhusker Hwy. This will replace the current Oak Lake facility)
- Mahoney Park (84th and Adams)
- Peterson Park (2200 Southwood Drive)
Once completed, dogs and their companions will have off-leash runs to enjoy in each quadrant of our City!
For more information or for information about the Dog Runs, please contact Susan Larson Rodenburg at 402-440-3227 or Susan@SLRCommuncations.com, or Christie Dionisopoulos, Executive Director of the Lincoln Parks Foundation at 402-441-8258 or email@example.com.
Get Involved with our Inaugural Dog Bowl on Sept. 3! Find out more HERE!
We love our Dog Runs!
Top Dogs (Founder’s Club) - $1,000 (Permanent recognition on-site)
Big Paws - $500-$999 (Permanent recognition on-site)
Little Paws - $250-$499 (Permanent recognition on-site)
Pups - $100-$249 (Dog Run Bandana)
Basic (Publically Funded) Dog Run Improvements at Roper Park East, Mahoney Park and Peterson Park:
· Separate fenced areas for large dogs and small dogs
· Perimeter fencing and gates
· Parking facilities including ADA stalls
· Connecting sidewalks
· Benches (2 per location)
· Portable restroom shelter
· Drinking fountains for dogs and humans (Mahoney and Peterson)
Additional (Privately Funded) Dog Run Improvements:
· Additional benches
· Additional trees
· Rinsing stations
· Drinking fountain at Roper East
· Walking trails in large dog and small dog areas*
· Shade shelters*
· Donor Recognition*
*Also for Rickman’s Run, as funding allows.